Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 34: Feb 3 2010


I have been living in this place for just over 12 months, my previous house was brand new and big, but in the suburbs, so traded for something older, and smaller so I could live closer to the city, and I have to admit I absolutely love living in the location that I do. However, I have struggled massively with this place, and although it's a unit, it does have many positive factors to it, there are only 3 units in the group, it has 3 bedrooms, and mine is the end one, hidden behind a big wall, so I not only have quite a decent yard for a unit, but also it is very private. I have never been sure what I am going to do with it,whether to do it up and sell it in a couple of years, or keep it. I have to admit, whilst pondering this decision, I have totally neglected the unit and garden, just doing the bare maintenance required. It's old and needs refurbishing (it's previously been tenanted for 20+ years), but it is in good nic, anyway over the weekend, I made the decision, I am going to keep it, and renovate it, and make it Trev's and my home. In making this decision, it means doing it up the way we want it, as opposed to doing it up just for profit. I actually am feeling really good about this decision, and for the first time since living here have become excited about renovating it. You have to start somewhere, so for us, its going to be outside, creating a decent entertaining area (there is no real dining area in the unit) and we have decided to go the bubbles and put a spa in. This is the area that will become the focus of that plan :) Better go make a start .... lol :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment