Monday, October 18, 2010

Total Body Challenge - Week 1




On Saturday I started a Total Body Challenge at Satori Gym, and have decided to blog about it, firstly as I am hoping that it will keep me honest and committed to what I am doing, and also, anyone who might read my blog may inspire me, or viceversa. This is my before photo, I must admit it has been a dilemma on whether to post it or not, because it is definitely not flattering, but have decided to, for me, to shock me into the reality of this is what I look like, and hopefully to motivate and inspire me into making the changes I need to, and hopefully I will at the end be able to post a after photo that looks awesome:)

I must admit, this is going to be a challenge for me, as I am not the most physically active person, always finding excuses, even tho my weight hasn't changed a great deal in the last ten years, my fat distribution ...........

It all started a couple of weeks ago, I went into the city to buy a new dress and when trying some on, let's say the mirrors showed me much more of me than I had ever wanted to see, yep I had back fat ........ ewwww. That same day in the mail came a flyer from Satori about the body challenge. I decided that someone out there was telling me that the time had come that I needed to do something about it, so I signed up for the challenge, and have gone on to Lite n'easy to help me along, so I don't have to think about the food side of things for the duration of the challenge.

Anyway on Saturday, I got measured, weighed, scanned, and met with my personal trainer who designed a programme that would help me on my way to achieve the result I want. The other thing that I discovered on Saturday, is the challenge is also a competition between all the girls that have taken up the challenge ..... so now this is not just about me getting fitter, looking better, it's about winning (lol lol it's a thought). Well 3 days in, I have been to the gym every day for about 1 1/2 and have stuck totally to the Lite n'easy plan. Tonight I start night duty, and usually I just graze my way through it with comfort food, this aint gonna happen if I am gonna stick to my plan. My other intention is to go to the gym each morning on the way home from work, if only just to go on the treadmill for 1/2 hour. I have 3 night duties, so will be interesting to see how I go. During this period I have also decided to cut out alcohol, and give up smoking (the giving up smoking is for good I hope.)

1 comment:

  1. You go Robyn! The photo is great because this is what we all look like and now I feel more, let's say, normal. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete